Dear Tennis Coaches,
I would like to thank you for participating in this year’s MVTCA Girl’s JV Open. I am supplying you with a packet of information pertaining to the way the tournament will be run, and other general information.
· Coaches meeting will be at , on Sat. Sept 22, play will begin directly following the draw. The draw will consist of each coach selecting a “pill” or card for their order of placing their player on the draw, lines A thru H. There will be a redraw of cards for order of placement for all five flights.
· All matches will consist of one 8-game "pro set," with a 12-point tie breaker at 8-8. Each player will play 3 matches throughout the tournament and each player's performance will count towards the team's outcome.
· Awards will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place individuals of all five divisions, along with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place team awards.
· Team standings will be calculated by each participant’s standing in each division. Points for the participant’s standing will be as follows:
1st place…….. 10 2nd place…….. 8 3rd place…….. 7 4th place…….. 6
5th place…….. 5 6th place…….. 4 7th place…….. 3 8th place…….. 2
● Tie-breaks will be determined by: Level 1: Total victories head-to-head in all five flights between schools tied; If still tied, Level 2: Main draw only, head-to-head victories in all five flights between schools tied; If still tied, then it remains a tie and we will hold onto the lower place trophy and have a new one made and present at the banquet.
· I have included a copy of the brackets that we will use for each of the five divisons, also are invoices for the dues of $15.00 per Varsity Coach per season to join the MVTCA (Remember: Dues must be paid on or before “Voting Night” for Varsity Players to be named onto 1st/2nd teams, etc…)and for the $35.00 entry fee per team that played in today’s tournament.
● Please Bring as many Dry-Rolls as possible if it looks like rain or did rain the night/day before.
· I hope this will be a productive and enjoyable tournament for all, and thanks again for participating.
Scott A. Long