Scott Long- Centerville Eric
Eric Houston- Carroll
Ted Dooley- Stivers Charlie Painter-
Joe Haupt- Trotwood Madison Dennis Kiser-
John Kuhns- Vandalia Butler Kim Gilbert- Oakwood Dale Bowman- Waynesville
Steve Reed- Wilmington Terry
Miller- Fairborn Roger
Jim Brooks- CJ Tom
Beth Raber- Catholic Central Sherri Bennett- Kenton Ridge
* President Scott Long called the meeting to order at . Scott welcomed
everyone and did a brief introduction of the officers who were present. Scott also extended his thanks to Tim Vogeli for the use of his room.
* Conference Winners for Boys Season were announced:
SWBL Southwest- Oakwood
West- Vandalia Butler
* State Qualifiers were announced. All of this years participants hail from Division 2:
Oakwood- Nick Roessner
Waynesville- Ben Roser
Alter- Tom Graul and Chris Riccardella
* Thank you to Jim Brooks for conducting the Area Poll, Rory Korzan for organizing the
scrimmage, and to Mike Laughlin, Dave Hartsock, and Eric Lenski for running the JV tournaments.
* The new web-site is up and running. Check it out at www.MVTCA.OCTA.US/Home
* Treasurers Report- There is approximately $3000.00 in the account.
* Important Dates:
June - Boys Awards at
August 14- Girls Scrimmage
September Girls JV Tournament
October Girls Voting Meeting at
November Girls Awards at
* The following schools are confirmed for the OTCA State Team Tournament in the fall.
Division 1 Division 2
Mason Seven Hills
Mother of Mercy Milton Union
* The following schools are confirmed for the MVTCA Girls Scrimmage and JV
tournaments next fall. If you are not on the list, and would like to be contact Scott Long ASAP:
Scrimmage JV Tournament
CJ A CJ
CJ B Carroll
* The Girls Scrimmage will consist of 3 randomly selected pro-set matches. The teams
will be pooled, and those with an A and B team will be in different pools. Coaches will be invited to the meeting where the teams are split into pools.
Scott suggested that future meetings and awards programs be moved to
High School. No one objected.
* There was one nomination submitted for the Wilson Trust. It was passed to Ann Hilton
* Donation Letters to Parents: If you have not passed these out, please do so at your
awards program. These are our main source of income besides the raffle. During the Girls season, $185 was collected, while $250 has been collected during the boys.
* Awards Program Raffle: Thank you to Dale Bowman for gathering many of the items
for the raffle at the Girls Awards this past fall. We are still in need of items for the Boys Awards Program. Letters are available showing the Association as a non-profit if anyone needs them.
* OCTA News:
- OCTA Applications were available and are accessible on-line.
- The State Team Tournament Draw should be on-line soon
- Reps are as follows:
DI Girls- Vin Romeo
D2 Girls- Karen Kelly
D1 Boys- Charlie Painter -
D2 Boys- Mike Teets
- Items that will be brought to the OCTA include the following:
(1) Adding a 2nd scrimmage to be played at any time during the season
(2) Set practice times for State
Qualifiers at the
(3) Sectionals allowing a 3rd doubles team in place of 2 singles spots.
- Reminder about the OCTA Gold and Silver Racquet Awards. Gold Award goes to a senior with 3.75 or higher GPA and 2 varsity letters. Silver Award goes to junior with 3.75 or higher GPA and 2 varsity letters.
* MVTCA Academic Awards are for seniors who have earned 2 varsity letters and 3.5 or
* There are Rules Interpretation Meetings for the up-coming school year. Dates for local
meetings are : August 24 at
* A proposal was made in the winter meeting to check into holding a summer league
that would consist of open court play supervised by an area coach. Players would be able to sign up on-line. The goals of this idea were to help develop some of the area players as well as act as a fundraiser for the MVTCA. There are some legal issues that need to be looked into, so the idea has been postponed and will not occur this summer.
* Hall-of-Fame Update Arrangements are still being worked out for Beth Herr. Ideally
she would be able to attend the fall awards program, however, other ideas are being considered. There are currently 3 nominations for the spring that being reviewed by the Hall-of-Fame committee.
* The meeting was adjourned at , so that coaches could split into their rooms to vote